I’m Tarryn, a former paediatric Occupational Therapist and child development expert and mom to 2 beautiful children.
I had both of my children whilst working as an occupational therapist and I naturally monitored both children’s development closely. When it came time to weaning, I was drawn to baby-led weaning for a number of reasons:
- I loved that the children would be able to eat the food that we ate and that they would be able to join us at the table so we could all eat together.
- Baby-led weaning felt natural to me.
- It made sense to me from a developmental point of view. Starting weaning when they were sitting up and physically able to bring food to their mouths made sense to me.
- Baby-led weaning exposed them to so many different textures and offered a wonderful opportunity to explore and learn about the world around them.
- It seemed easier than traditional weaning when we were out and about. If I didn’t have food with me, I could easily find something that would work for them that didn’t have to be pureed first.
Baby Led Weaning Tribe is a site dedicated to sharing my experiences of baby-led weaning, as well as the best gear, tips and strategies to make baby-led weaning a joy and a successful experience for you and your little one.
You can contact me here.